Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Back in Canada

Well, it's finally happened I have found myself back in Canada after more than two years of working and living in Lao. Now I get to have the fun of experiencing home shock. First thoughts, everything is very big here...cars, parking lots, grocery stores, cereal boxes...waist lines. Everything. Currently I have no real idea as to what's going to happen next. My grand plan of having a plan has gone up in smoke due to a startling lack of planning--there never was a plan. Ah well, I think I'm going to take the next few weeks, relax, do some research and then figure out what I want to do next. For sure, my foriegn adventures are hardly over. I know for sure that I would like to continue working overseas and facilitating community based efforts in identifying environmental threats and risks, and working towards developing practical and effective plans and strategies to address them. Honestly, I'm hooked with the south and I certainly see myself in Lao again in the near future.

In the next few months keep an eye out, both in Canada and overseas for new activities including publication of articles of my experiences, a photo exhibit with Paul on our photodocumentary in Lao last year, and more projects. I will be sure to keep everyone updated. Until then, sok dii lae pob gan mai. Good luck and we'll meet again. Patrick

1 Comments:

At 5/24/2007, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for your good work in Lao and for your insightful observations and comments. I was only in Lao for a week this winter, but am enthralled with it and have been learning more about the place from your blog. Look forward to hearing more about opportunities you find to do more work there. Lots to do re: endangered species, habitat and water issues, to name a few.
Good luck!
evelyn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home